This three-level program is based upon the techniques that have helped thousands of people increase vitality, decrease stress and sculpt the body of their dreams.
Each level looks in increasing detail at the underlying causes of disease and stress, considering the body as a “system of systems.” Using a coaching model, you will learn how disease and stress are preventable through healthy eating habits, lifestyle management and appropriate types of exercise.
You will understand why every meal, every bout of exercise and every late night has a hormonal consequence. You will be given tools, such as in-depth questionnaires, to assess your clients or yourselves and allow you to determine their or your readiness for change.
No matter what your profession, you’ll likely agree that just because someone is not sick, does not mean he is well! Most chronic diseases take years to develop, but a healthy lifestyle can go a long way toward prevention.
The information presented in the CHEK Optimal Health and Fitness through Practical Nutrition & Holistic Lifestyle Coach Program (CHEK HLC) does not include “quick fixes”- which never work long term-but instead uses proven principles which build a strong foundation of health.
Fitness Professionals can provide their clients with the missing link to achieve the body they want and to improve their vitality and energy levels.
Chiropractors, Physical Therapists and Rehabilitation Specialists can use the special assessments and principles taught in this series of courses to help them achieve lasting results and improve the structural integrity of their patients!
Alternative Health Care Providers and Massage Therapists can quickly increase their value by offering their clients practical ways to live a lifestyle more in tune with the therapy they are providing.
Even those that are not fitness or healthcare professionals will enjoy this course! CHEK HLC 1 is designed for the general public and professionals alike, teaching the foundational principles of the CHEK approach to health and wellness. You can easily apply these techniques and methods to yourself and your family.
HLC 1 (3 Days)
This is the foundation of the CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach program and can be attended by anyone.
Laypersons and health and fitness professionals have thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from this course, which typically runs over a weekend. The course builds upon Paul Chek’s book How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy! and you will use yourself as a case history to help you:
- Learn how to apply the 1-2-3-4 approach to developing long-term body-mind changes.
- Learn how to use the CHEK Nutrition and Lifestyle questionnaire system for assessing physiological load and making essential diet and lifestyle changes.
- Understand the relationship between the 6 Foundation Health Principles and body-mind stress and learn how to apply these principles to balance your body systems so you can exemplify well-being!
- Learn and practice Paul Chek’s Zone Exercises as a means of “Working-In” which will show you how to use movement to “create energy” and cultivate the lifeforce needed to effectively express your creativity and Work-Out!
- Identify common roadblocks to success with diet and lifestyle modifications and gain simple solutions.
- Know how to implement key concepts of individualized eating using Paul Chek’s Primal Pattern® eating
- Discover how and when to use the “less is more” principle of exercise prescription and how to apply the 5 essentials of program design.
Prerequisite: Paul Chek’s book How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy!
Recommended Listening: Paul Chek’s You Are What You Eat Audio Program